Thursday, September 11, 2008

VA Hospital

Several people mentioned veteran's benefits for my dad, since he served in the military. I looked into what I needed to get him benefits, then I went spelunking in his apartment to try to find the correct forms. I knew they would be in his Book of Remembrance, where he keeps all of his important documents, but I didn't know if I'd be able to find it in his apartment. My dad doesn't like to throw anything away, so it was quite a job to sort through things and locate the book. No one had seen it in three years. I was able to find the paperwork I needed, so I then called the hospital to make sure I had everything, then Jenni, my aunt Judy (who is here for a few days from California), and I took my dad to the VA hospital last night. We left the hospital at about 1:30am, but he was admitted and we knew he'd be taken care of. Now we fill out a ton more paperwork and hopefully get some sort of referral to a rehab center for stroke patients and maybe some assisted living or nursing home resources. At least we have a bit of help with all of this now, as the VA Hospitals definitely take care of their veterans.

No comments: