Friday, July 18, 2008

Spunky Girl Add On Freebie

Tyson finally finished the attic foil on Tuesday morning, shortly before the installation company came out to install the new insulation and seal the ducts. They didn't actually end up sealing the ducts, I don't know if we misunderstood what they were going to do or what, but they did seal all the leaks around the vents where cool air could leak into the attic. We had 29% leakage of cool air before they sealed everything, and now we're down to 8%. I don't know how much more effective the new insulation is than the old (except that we have more of it), but it sure looks cleaner. If that's any indication, I give it an A+. :PWe had the cable company come out yesterday and install new cable wire so that we could switch our internet service from DSL to cable. Our service is almost twice as fast, at half the cost. You can't beat that. Tyson spent half of this morning running the cable in the attic and trying to push it down into an interior wall where he's going to install a cable jack. The installer would have done it yesterday for an additional $75, but Tyson said "No thanks, I'll do it myself."
Now I have blazing fast internet and Tyson won't have to crawl around in the attic for anything anytime soon.

Here are some new layouts by Amber spotlighting my Spunky Girl and Stars & Stripes Forever Kits.I posted this originally at the beginning of the week, but if you haven't picked up the first part of my Spunky Girl kit, you can snag it below (image is clickable).
And now I'll leave you with a bonus, an Add On to my Spunky Girl kit! Click on the preview to go to the download page. *No longer available**Sorry, this is no longer available as a freebie. You may now find this and other products available for purchase in my Blog Store.*

6 comments:

Shannon said...

What a cute add on! And hurrah for fast internets!! Oh, and I will call soon about the zippy thing so we can get some more freebies going! Yay!

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Jul [LA 01:03am, NY 03:03am, UK 08:03am, OZ 06:03pm]).

Shannon said...

Hey! Guess what?? I figured out how to make the elements clear with NO action required! you can pass this on to your friend. All you have to do is click on teh element when it is in its own window (you know how it has it's own window where you can crop it or whatever) and then you drag it over to your scrap page, and voila! NO BACKGROUND!! How rad is that?! Now I can use stinkin acrylic things...YES!!

Jenny said...

I love this add-on, and now I might play around with the other page I used your kit on...hmmm.

So awesome having a handy husband! Way to be green and keep your house super insulated!

Sunny1972 said...

oh thank you! just grabbed both parts of the kit wow! lovely talented Lady Thanks!!!!!

Autumn & Chris said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comment. You do great work. Thanks for sharing it. Stop on by any time.
Autumn