Friday, July 11, 2008

A Positive Attitude

I've decided I'm going to make a conscious effort to improve my outlook on life. For instance, when I come home late from a girls' night and find the kids' dishes still on the table with food stuck to them, and an empty cup and spoon from someone's rootbeer float on the counter next to the sink, I'm no longer going to think, "Is my husband OK - or was there a terrible accident between dinner/dessert that rendered his arms and legs useless and forced him to drag himself into the other room to call for emergency assistance, leaving the dishes in place?" Instead I'm going to think, "It sure was nice of my husband to watch the kids so that I could enjoy a night out away from the kids. And it was very thoughtful of him to leave a few small tasks for me to complete when I got home, so that I would know how much I am missed when I'm gone, and that I'm an essential part of the household."...I'll let you know how that works out.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Muahahahahaha...hehehe..hoho..HA!

Get back to us soon...Mkay?

Jenny said...

Seriously, good luck with that...

If Tyson is anything like my husband, he probably frantically threw them into bed about 7 mintues before you got home...

Lisa said...

I keep trying and trying and trying the same thing. Eventually one time it will pay off and make up for all of the other negative thoughts.

Jenni said...

Ha ha. That is all I can say.

Amber Joy said...

you are freakin hilarious!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

you are seriously a funny gal! LOL. that was totally your "punishment" for having THREE girls nights, right?? but goodluck with your positive outlook!

Party of Two said...

Oh my heck that is seriously making me laugh. If you succeed can you please pass on the magical formula?

elizlom said...

Really funny!!! I always figured my husband couldn't handle watching the kid, the pets and do much else. Men don't multitask like women. I know, sexist! And he was always pretty darn tired out by it, too!

Anonymous said...

lololololololololol! Can't wait to hear how things turn out. hee, hee, hee!