Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Patriotic layouts

UFC 86 Results:
Well, Griffin won the victory by decision, and it was a close fight. I think it should have gone to Jackson though, because I thought he won three out of five rounds, but the judges scored it differently, and I might change my mind when I see the entire thing again. I do like Forest Griffin, I just didn't think he would match up well with Rampage, but I was wrong. I did well overall in my fantasy picks though. I ranked 60th out of more than 17,000 people who picked the winners, method, round, and minute of each fight.
I decided to scrap some pictures from a couple of weekends ago when we all drove out to Celebrate Freedom. We were in the car for half of the day, but it was really fun. Click on the images to view them larger. I used a sketch by Becky Higgins to create the double page layout, and I used the papers from my Stars & Stripes Forever kit.
I've had several people send me layouts they created with my kit, and I'm sharing them with you here.

This one is by Julie:And another one by Sharon aka Scrapcat4914
Here is a layout Mandy sent me. Her husband is currently serving in Iraq and I gave her special permission to use my kit for fundraising products for his Troop's welcome home activities. If you'd like to check out her cafepress store, it's here.

3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I know nothing about UFC fights, but I'm glad that you did well with your picks.

It's fun to see the different layouts people used your kit with.

Jenni said...

How cool are all these layouts using your kits! That is so awesome.

Missy said...

Hey! All of our stuff is so cute, way to go on all of your cute kits!! Hopefully some day you can have a site up and running and people can pay for them!

By the way, go to my photo blog and enter my contest! I know you want to. :)