Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Central Market

It has kind of been one of those days. I feel a bit stressed out, but can't really think of a reason why. The kids were pretty good today. Both the kids took naps and I got some stuff done around the house. I even managed to stay away from my computer for most of the day and played with my kids and read to them instead.

Tyson and Terrence put together a swing set that we inherited from my father in law after his last move. (Speaking of giving credit where credit is due, Tyson's brother Tayton reads my blog and noticed that I didn't give him any credit for cutting down the tree in the front yard. It is something I mentioned in a previous post. Tyson pointed out that he and Tayton did most of the work, so thanks Tayton. All I did was pull on a big rope that was attached to the upper branches so that I could keep them from falling on the cars and the basketball goal in our driveway. I would have done more, but I was seven months pregnant.) Anyway, my daughter loves the swing set and she played on it for a long time today. In fact, the reason she took a nap was so that she could go back outside and play later. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Tyson watched both of the children this morning so that I could get all the grocery shopping done. I usually take them with me, but I had a huge list today and it would have taken me 3+ hours to navigate the grocery store and Costco if I had the kids with me. As it is I finished up in less than two hours. I'm always a little dazed and confused after I complete errands without the kids because it takes so little time and it doesn't feel like I did things that much differently. Why on earth should it really take 1 1/2 to 2 times longer to do something just because I have two kids with me? Anyway, I was thankful to have some time to myself today, but I needed another dose, so I hit Central Market after the kids were in bed.
I love C.M., what more can I say? Where else can you buy seventeen different kinds of herbs and spices, in quantities that you need, for less than $5.00? My entire bill was slightly more than that, but that is only because I got a craving for sweets as I was leaving the store and bought some delicious blueberry cranberry muffins. I chowed down on a muffin in the car on my way back home while I listened to "Love the One You're With" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young on the radio. I remember when I was 14, 15, 16, 17, and still pining away for the same guy after things didn't work out. My mom quoted that song and told me I needed to move on. I hated that song at the time because I wanted to wallow in my misery, but now it's kind of funny when I think back on it.I almost published this post on a book club blog that I am a member of. That would have been strange.

6 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

That muffin looks delicious! I'm glad you got to have some alone time. We Moms need that from time to time.

Party of Two said...

I am getting a little nervous at the idea of grocery shopping with Ike in tow!

Lynn said...

I've been buying cereals and nuts in bulk from CM for how many years now, and somehow I didn't notice about the herbs and spices. Thanks, honey!

Lisa said...

Hey Bonnie - Where is CM. I have never heard of it. I love to cook and would love to get some new spices.

I belong to a book blog and posted a slide show of my kids on it my accident.

Jenni said...

I remember when you first started getting your spices there. And your magnetic board to hold it all and keep things freshly rotated. I need a central market closer to me.

Jenny said...

Oh, bonnie, while you were wallowing away over that dork, (i love him but it's true) I was wallowing away over another one. I think it's just the plight of many 14-17s.