Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweet & Sassy

I know, I know, it has been forever since I posted. I've been trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour, since I have to be responsible and awake early to get ready for my new job every morning. I've also started clipping coupons, and I spend much of my evenings trying to stay on top of that hobby.

Almost a month ago BittyBit attended a friend's birthday party. I was a little skeptical before I went, because I'd been told it was a dress-up party, makeup and all, and I was expecting my daughter to look like some sort of JonBenet Ramsey clone when we were finished. The making up mostly consisted of fingernail polish, hairspray, and glitter. It was actually a really cute party and I'm glad I let BittyBit go (and that someone else was paying for it, I don't even want to know what something like that for 12+ four year olds costs!)

Here are some pictures from the celebration.

The birthday girl
The painting of the royal nails...
This was the best part of all...All of the little girls were boogeying to techno versions of the hokey-pokey and other formerly mellow children's songs. Then they each walked down the catwalk one by one as their names were announced and were crowned with their very own princess tiara.
The princesses in all their glory.
About 2/3 of the way through the party, LittleMan decided he'd been exposed to enough estrogen and demanded some fresh air. As soon as Tyson put him down on the sidewalk, he took off running. He's a smart kid, he can see when he's outnumbered and he chose the path of least resistance!

3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

What pretty girls! It looks like she was having fun.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is the coolest place ever!! I'm gonna have to get the name of it from you. At this point in time, Bella only has like 2 other girl friends...but one day!! Too cute!

Jenni said...

Oh. My. Gosh! How cute. They all looked very cute but my niece was the fairest of them all.