Monday, October 20, 2008

Primary Program

This is the first year my eldest was able to participate in our ward's primary program. For those of you who might not be familiar with the concept, it is our congregation's annual program put on by the 3-11 year old children and their patient teachers. The children sing songs and say small spoken parts during the main worship hour of church.

They sent BittyBit's small part home from church with her a month ago with a request to mom & dad to help her memorize her part. We practiced every Sunday and many times during the week. She had the part memorized in a day and a half and I was so impressed that we actually remembered to teach her the part and she learned it so well. My only regret during the program was that all of the children in her class were whispered their lines, so she didn't have a chance to say it from memory. But that's really a vanity issue I suppose, wanting to show off how wonderfully my child memorized her part, and the way they did it was good, because it left no room for a child to be put on the spot if he didn't remember his line. The program was great, and afterward I was able to follow BittyBit into the children's primary class and help her give a talk on service in front of all of the other children during sharing time.

Oh, and here's a funny update to the makeup incident. Yesterday morning before church, BittyBit saw me putting on my makeup. She looked at me and said,"Mom, I'm sorry I got into your makeup. I won't do that anymore." (We'll see.) To which I replied, "I accept your apology. When you get bigger I'll teach you how to put on makeup like a young lady." She looked at me, furrowed her eyebrows, and stated,"When I get older and older and I can wear makeup, you won't have to teach me how to wear it. I already know how to put on makeup!"

2 comments:

Jenni said...

See, she doesn't need you to teach her, she can watch TV and see what she is supposed to look like.
Congrats on having the smartest kid at church even if no one else realized it.

Jenny said...

weeeelllll, i guess she told you! LOL!