Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jenny's visit

My friend Jenny moved to Galveston in June and those of us who were left behind miss her immensely. Jenny was able to come back for a visit with her kids last weekend and we all got together at Julie's house on Saturday to watch the finale of So You Think You Can Dance and gab. Jenny's brother Joey even came to hang out with us for a little while, which was nice because we hadn't seen him in a while and I'm sure he had much better things to do than hang out with a bunch of silly girls.Sunday after church Jenny brought the kids over to my house and we watched the Olympics for a few hours and talked some more until the kids were completely worn out. It was so nice to be able to get together again and hang out. Hopefully soon my family will be able to go down and visit Jenny in Galveston so that she doesn't miss us all too much. :)

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awww!!! I wanted to go...stupid, stupid car!
Looks like ya'll had fun!! I wish I would have KNOWN what a big fan of SYTYCD you are, Bonnie!! Cause I would have bought more tickets!!

Jenny said...

BONNIE....YOU BETTER PHOTOSHOP ME DOWN TO A SIZE NORMAL IN THAT LAST PIC!!!

Just kidding, I'm snagging ALL these pictures and I'm so glad you took them because I don't seem to have many from the trip! I had such a blast and thanks for putting up with my grumpy kids on Sunday!

Lynn said...

Which reminds me that I haven't been back to Galveston in *seven years*. Entirely too long. I wonder if that really great quilt shop is still there?

Rory said...

Oh WOW. It's been about a decade since I've seen Joey. And even longer since I've seen Jenny, though I didn't know her as well. I hope she enjoys Galveston. :)

Jenni said...

How come there is not one single picture of me ont here?

Bonnie said...

Jenni, you'll thank me for not posting pictures. I try to just put pictures where everyone is at their best (although that is subjective). I only had one picture of you (and that mini-movie of you doing "airplane" with the kids - which was dark and grainy) and it was a goofy pic. You left before we really started taking lots of pictures. Next time you should stay around longer and have more fun with us. :)