Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Finishing Projects

The master bathroom is usable. Tyson installed the sink before we went on our San Antonio trip, and his dad helped him install the commode after they got back. Tyson would have done that earlier, but he separated a rib a couple of weeks ago at Jiu Jitsu and he couldn't lift anything. Now he only has to install the wall cabinet and mirror, paint the trim around the door and window, and touch up the paint around the outlet. We are eventually going to install a glass door in the shower, but for now we're going to put in a curtain.In additional exciting news, I finished a baby quilt that I started four and a half years ago. My mom helped me design it and I cut the fabric and pieced the top together a long time ago. I didn't end up finishing it before my daughter was born and it ended up hiding in a hall closet for a year or two. I attached all the layers together and quilted it before LittleMan was born. I finished everything except the binding, then it wound up buried in the hall closet again. My ward assembled ten quilts to send to Salt Lake for the humanitarian aid store houses. We got together several times to tie the quilts. My mom is very crafty and always hand quilts her projects. I didn't even know how to tie a quilt, even though I have completed several quilts on my own before. I was motivated after helping with those other projects to finish the binding on my quilt, so I did. Here is the most recent finished product. This one was made with leftover scraps of fabric that I had in my stash.Here is a crib sized baby quilt that I made in about a week from start to finish in May of 2006. Here is the first quilt I ever made. I designed and completed this when Tyson and I lived in Florida, and I gave it to a friend of mine for her new baby.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

What is the sound of one apple, falling not far from the tree? The quiet tink of needle against thimble, the soft hum of a sewing machine, and the purr of satisfaction at a Finished Object.

Good work, honey. And the bathroom is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

What awesome quilts. That is one thing I have on my want to learn list.

Oh and I LOVE the sink in your bathroom. You guys did a great job.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Your sink and shower are just gorgeous!! Ya'll are doing such great stuff to that house! I can't wait to get started on stuff like that here!
And good job on the quilts!!

verabear said...

Wow, I wouldn't even know where to start but I'd love to make one too :)

IkeaGoddess said...

Wow, the bathroom looks fabulous, like a luxury spa. Congrats on finishing the quilt. I know just how you feel. I have my first hand-made quilt waiting to be finished for 9 years now. The top was finished in the first year, but the quilting.... maybe I'll finish it next year.

Sugarbear said...

I like the baby quilts and the scrap quilt you made. I recently got into quilting this summer and have made a quilt for myself (thats was started this), finished on baby quilt and starting another baby quilt. There is one called Saltwater Taffy that is bright and playful that I would like to do.

*this is Mikka from the Book Club*