Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tagged, and the Long Awaited Elements

Sory created a great layout with the papers from my "Sunshine Day" kit. Check it out on her blog.

HeatherMSU and Michelle tagged me. I don’t usually do these sorts of things, but I thought I'd try something new.

1) I’m only 5’3”. I had to shorten the hem on all of my pants until I finally got smart and started shopping in the petite section of the clothing stores.

2) I love chocolate. I know this isn’t unusual in itself, but my husband can’t stand the stuff and objects to it even being in the house, so I have stashes of it hidden all over the house so that I can get my fix without the teasing.

3) I met my husband at Scarborough Faire, the somewhat local Renaissance Festival. It was not love at first site though, as I was dating his friend at the time,and Tyson and I didn’t start dating until more than a year later.

4) I am very particular about how certain things are done around my house. The other night a friend helped load the dishwasher while Tyson wrote up an appraisal and I bathed the kids. When I came out later to add a cup to the dishwasher, I noticed that the plates were on the wrong side and were facing the wrong direction. I tried to leave it alone, but I ended up reloading the entire machine.

5) I have a thing about the textures of my food. My eggs have to be cooked until they are dry. I like my bacon cooked to a degree that most people would consider burned, but I like to think of it as crispy. I do not like soggy bread either, although I am not so crazy as to freak out about the foods touching on my plate. It is strictly a texture thing, but you are probably thinking I am completely OCD!

6) I do not like to clean the house or do chores when other people are around - which no doubt frustrates my husband, who works from home. :) I prefer to clean the entire house while he is gone, so he can come home and be surprised.

7) I love everything about digital scrapbooking. I am enjoying learning how to create my own kits. I really love collecting other people’s freebies. It is a personal mission of mine to teach any of my friends (and their friends, and their friends) who want to learn. I have already taught seven people since last fall and I can’t wait to learn more so I can share what I know with everyone else!

Now I am tagging:

Jenny - She only learned digi-scrapping a few months ago but she is spinning out layouts right and left. In addition, she just moved far away and I miss her already, so I need a Jenny-fix.

Missy – I am super jealous of her mad photography skills. :)

GingerScraps - She is a collector of freebies, like myself and has her own freebie list to feature other designers.

Mrs. Wresh – I love reading her super long blog posts and feel like I know her family personally. Plus she has amazing template designs and gives away great freebies – and yes, I read to the bottom of each post before I snag the freebie. She is such a great writer.

Andrea Gold - another great designer. I love all of her templates and have even found some great commercial use textures lately. I have seriously bought every template Andrea has ever made.

Michelle Coleman/Little Dreamer Designs - Her kits are full of grungy patterns and bright colors and the depth and textures of her designs are amazing. She is also a budding professional photographer and her pictures are great too.

Misty Cato - I love her style, and her tutorials saved me from chucking my computer out of the window when I first bought photoshop and had no one to teach me how to use it.

Here's the part some of you have been waiting for. I finally finished the elements pack to my "Sunshine Day" kit. It took me forever because frankly, I'm still learning photoshop, and I wasn't sure what I wanted my style to be. I'm also just learning how to use my graphics tablet, so I wasn't entirely comfortable drawing the doodles. I took inspiration from a ton of different people, so the elements are rather eclectic. Several people asked for shovel, pail, sand, and that sort of thing. I did not include those items in this kit because I'm going to use all of those items in a different beach themed kit. The drop shadows are for the preview only. So without further ado, here are the elements.

I love your comments and I read every one. Thanks so much for all the encouragement, and can I just say that I am so glad that I am finished with these - I haven't gotten to bed before midnight in over two weeks!

*Sorry, this is no longer available as a freebie. You may now find this and other products available for purchase in my Blog Store.*


41 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 18 Jun [LA 02:27am, NY 04:27am, UK 09:27am, OZ 07:27pm]).

Jenni said...

I don't always get all that you do/talk about with the digi scrapping but I am impressed nonetheless.

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

:) ty so much for this bright summery kit! it is absolutely adorable! (as are your kidlets!) :) thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Great job, these elements look fantastic. Love the doodles :) Thank you. hsmema

Anonymous said...

Nice summer elements!
Thanks for sharing!
My best regards from France ! ;o)

Lisa said...

You did a great job. I was anxiuos to see the sprinkler and it looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

thank you, found you today and downloaded all the sunshine day parts, very nice, you're have talent girl, again many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for working so hard and share with us ! You have made a great job on it !

charlotf

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!
TY so very much!!!!!!!!!!!

the3chickens said...

Thank you for sharing, love the bright cheerful colours!

Anonymous said...

WOW! THese are wonderful. Thanks for sharing all of your hard work and creativity. What a fun and colorful kit.

Heather Libich said...

Sweetie - You inspire ME! I am about ready to switch to photo shop just because of your comments. I have been struggling with Photo-Paint for so long and I get the feeling I could really go to town with a change of programs!

Anyway, thanks for a WONDERFUL freebie. I absolutely love the style you chose. Check out my blog this week. I will be posting a fun new kit and alphas. I'd love to see what you could do with it.

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I love this set! Thank you for sharing.

Laura said...

I just found your blog and as I was reading, I had to laugh about this:
****I have a thing about the textures of my food. My eggs have to be cooked until they are dry. I like my bacon cooked to a degree that most people would consider burned, but I like to think of it as crispy. I do not like soggy bread either, although I am not so crazy as to freak out about the foods touching on my plate. It is strictly a texture thing, but you are probably thinking I am completely OCD!**** because I am the same exact way with those items...and I can't have certain foods touching on my plate...

Thank you for these cute elements... Im off to find some paper for them now..

kimmerbean said...

Thank you so much for sharing these fun elements with us! Your generosity is much appreciated.

Kopperhead said...

what a very pretty kit, thank you somuch!

Anonymous said...

This is just what I was looking for.
Thank you
Sometimes little boys clothes fit me better!
Charla

Shannon said...

This is SO awesome Bonnie! Thanks for the freebie, and thanks for teaching me how to scrap! I am stocking up for the day when I can put your good teaching skills to use! Fun list too by the way!

grannymike said...

Thank you so much for this bright, cheery summer kit. I especially appreciate the nice word art. Thank you so much for sharing so freely.

Debbie said...

Thank you so much for this fun kit!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this kit - i have collected all parts and I LOVE IT!!!! Very generous, thanks again x x x Anthea in Botswana

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing your fab work.

verabear said...

You're stuff is awesome, thank you for sharing your very first kit with us. It totally doesn't look like it's your first time, it is very beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for these 3 parts of the sunshine days kit its gorgeous
thank you for sharing

Rebecca said...

These are such amazing freebies! Wow, thank you so much for all your wonderful creations!!! :D

Bonnie said...

Hi Bonnie!
Guess what? My name is Also Bonnie!!
Thank you for your lovely freebie! Your blog is cool! Come stop by mine,I have regular freebies too!
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for these!!

Lynn said...

You get that "reloading the dishwasher" thing from my mother. We drove each other nuts when I was a teenager. You know I have no faith in astrology, but she was a left-handed Virgo, and I am a right-handed Aries. You get the "don't want to clean the house if somebody's watching" thing from me.

Nancy said...

This is super cute, and I'm currently downloading all your stuff.. thanks for the freebies!

Nancy

Linda Sutton said...

What a great kit, colorful and summery. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these wonderfully colored elements! You are talented!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! It is adorable--I love the bright colors!!

rsb said...

i downloaded this one thanks a lot!:)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic set! Love it. thank you from your Irish friend in England!! LOL

Fiona

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I love the kit. The sprinkler is a great element, but it looks a little out of place with the other elements... I really do love the kit though!!

THANKS

Anonymous said...

WOW! just found your site and think your freebies are fabulous thank you fo 1972r sharing!!! sunny

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great kit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a cute kit, it's great!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Kisses

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, thanks !
Regiane