Sunday, June 22, 2008

I See The Moon, The Moon Sees Me...

Julie, you mentioned trying to look at the moon Wednesday night when it was supposed to appear larger than usual. I read about it in an article on the Yahoo! main page, so I went outside and tried to take some pictures. I am even more convinced that I want to buy lenses for my camera, but I think the results are respectable.My mom used to sing a song to me when I was small, and I sing it to both my kids before bed every night. The tune is something that is unique to this song (meaning I can't say "sung to the tune of...") but the words go like this:

I see the moon
The moon sees me
Down through the leaves of the old oak tree
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love.

Over the mountains
And over the sea
Back where my heart is longing to be
Please let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love.

This is LittleMan's favorite activity lately.
He races as quickly as he can to the bookshelf, then before anyone realizes he's there, he pulls as many books as he can off the shelf.

He got his first haircut on Wednesday. I was too busy trying to finish the elements to my kit to remember to blog about it. Here are the before and after pictures.
Before
He's not sure what he thinks about the scissors, but he liked them better than the clippers.
And after, smiling with his favorite hairdresser, Grandma.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that song, because it reminds me of R., who was my best friend when you and your sisters were born. She used to sing it to her younger daughter, S.

You forgot the oh-oh-oh part between the verse and the chorus. You girls used to sing "woe-woe-woe" in the cutest voices.

Now I'm all sniffly...

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You'll have to sing this song to me so I can learn the tune so I can sing it to my boys.

Amber Joy said...

We had a bonfire at Oakmont park under that huge moon...it was great.
P.s. your camera captured it well without a zoom lens.

Jenni said...

I thought the pictures were good with or without a special lens. He is getting so big!

Lisa said...

Great pictures. Your little man is too cute and the haircut is adorable!!