Saturday, March 15, 2008

Blog headers

I made my own blog header last December when I first started digging into Photoshop. There are so many digital creations out there, but most individual designers (of digital scrapbook papers and embellishments) do not want their designs used in blog design, so I decided to create my own stuff. I did have a few items that were ok for projects like this, but everything else I made from scratch.

I offered to make a blog header for my mom, back before I made mine. After she saw the header I made for this blog, she said I could design one for her. I didn't know as much about photoshop, so I didn't have as many creative options at my disposal. It is suited to her personality though, so I think I was successful.
I figured out how to mess with html today. I told my sister back in January that I would make her a blog header, and I finally finished it today. In my defense, I never said when I would finish it. :) I was somewhat lacking in inspiration, but I knew that I wanted to create the papers and embellishments myself. After browsing through some Microsoft clipart, I got the inspiration for this layout.The clipart had flowers and circles and the stripes in the background, but it was done in mostly greens with some pastel colors on the flowers, and the picture didn't have any depth. I created these flowers and layered them to look like they were pieced together in a 3-D collage. I created the background paper from scratch, as well as the background for the title font. I like this one much better than my own blog header, so I will probably redo mine sometime soon.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks for my rockin non copyright infringing blog header and background. You are the coolest and thanks for letting me kidnap your kid for the day. We had fun. Even if I did end up promising to take her to Sea World, which she remembered after waking up from her nap!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

All of the headers you have done look great. Maybe you can help me do something with mine?

Lynn said...

Hey, Jenni, you never promised to take *me* to Sea World, and I've known you lots longer than BittyBit has!

Bonnie said...

Sure Julie, I'll get some ideas for yours while you are in Italy.

Jenni said...

I think sincce Julie gets to go to Italy and we don't she forfiets! That only sounds fair. Especially since this is her SECOND trip to Europe. I am so jealous.

Rory said...

I've loved the blog-headers you've done so far. :3 I need to make a new one soon. *ponders*

Jenny said...

GIRRRRRLLLL, YOU GOTSTA START TEACHIN ME! They look FABULOUS and I'm FREAKIN' JEALOUS! I think I must be to old to learn HTML