Saturday, November 01, 2008

New Car

BittyBit and I decided to wash the car last weekend. The lease on our car was going to end in a couple of weeks, so Tyson and I went to the car dealership to decide if we were going to get a new one or buy the one we were driving. We had talked about getting a minivan, but with gas prices being what they are, we decided instead to get a slightly wider vehicle than the Corolla we were driving, so that we could fit a third car seat in it in the future if we decide to have another child.

We ended up getting a really good deal on a Toyota RAV4, which is the car I've wanted to drive for the past 8 years. Our car payment went up less than $15 and we have a ton more room. We thought about getting the Camry instead, but the RAV4 gets almost identical gas mileage and has better resale value (because Toyota makes a ton more Camry's every year, so even though they sell better, there are more flooding the market). So here we are with our new vehicle, which we've had for about a week now, and we love.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooo, it's gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm tres jealous!

Jenni said...

I will try no to hate you since you have a car that I would like and I have a stupid, dependable, affordable, hopefully my kid will inherit it in a year mobile. Sigh. Some days I really miss my Suburban. I do know that we could not have survived gas at almost $4 a gallon, even though it is much cheaper currently.

I am happy that your dreams are more realistic and affordable and that you have been able to achieve this one.

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! I gotta say CONGRATS! and I am a teensy bit jealous! Now you have room for a third kid ;)

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that you were able to get a car that you really like.

Angela said...

*sigh*

I so wish they made SMOKIN' HOT cars that carried 8 kids.

I love it