Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Haircuts and Treadmills

I got my hair cut again today. I love going to Erik to get my hair done. It always looks much better after he styles it than I can ever get it to look on my own. Tyson's mom was talking to him the other day about how male hairdressers usually make more money than females. If a woman cuts another woman's hair and tells her it looks good, the patron might believe her, or she might think that the hairdresser is just trying to get some repeat business. If a guy cuts a woman's hair, when he tells her that her new 'do looks great, she is more likely to believe him.

I don't know if there is any truth to that, or if it is one of those made up statistics, but I can see how it could be true. Assuming that the guy cutting my hair does a great job, I'll keep going back because I will take a little flattery wherever I can get it (I said flattery, not flirting). Tyson has always been good about noticing when I change my hair, and sometimes a few weeks later, he will notice if I buy new clothing. I think (especially after the relationship is no longer new) that sometimes guys forget that women need compliments. Once you get married, friendships with people of the opposite sex are mostly off limits. You are pretty much limited to your spouse's friends, and if you do remain friends with people you knew before you got married, the dynamics of the friendship definitely have to change.

I walked over five miles on the treadmill today. Tyson's comment that I looked pregnant in the sweater I wore to the wedding finally motivated me to either kill myself or start working out, and since everything else in my life is going ok right now, I guess I'd better start exercising. I watched a Cold Case episode and part of Northanger Abbey (thank goodness for DVR) to keep me busy while I walked. Now I am going to be hooked on all of these Jane Austen movies. I have already recorded over 30 hours of them from PBS's Masterpiece Theater. I wish real life were as romantic as the books. I think after reading enough of Jane Austen, no man will ever be able to measure up!

Here's another scrapbook page I finished yesterday. This page was the last of the June '05 pictures, now I am ready to tackle July.
Credits: Template by Andrea Gold, Spring Garden kit add on by
Mira Designs of The Digichick, Font - CK Stenography

9 comments:

Jenni said...

I love getting my hair done. I just wish that Derek noticed. When I dyed it dark, permed it and cut eight inches off, he didn't even notice! Ash couldn't believe it. I had told her it would be at least a week before he noticed on his own.

Party of Two said...

Hello! Not sure if you are interested, but Friday my mom and a couple friends (with their kids) are going to meet at Joe T's for lunch so i can tell them the u/s results, you and kids (if you want) are more than welcome!

Party of Two said...

plus you can show off your new hair, can't wait to see it!

Jenny said...

Okay, I was looking around on Tracy's Scraps yesterday and low and behold I came across your bluebonnet layout!! I was so pysched! You're already a famous scrapper! Oh, and I can't wait to see your hair. And Tyson is a big dummy, you already look like a Victoria Secret Model, for crying out loud! :)

Jenny said...

ugh! Your layout isn't showing up on my computer!

Bonnie said...

Jenny-I made the preview larger, but my images are always clickable. If you click on it you should be able to see it full size. I didn't know she'd posted my layout, I sent it to her when I used some of her stuff. Thanks for telling me.

Amber Joy said...

I totally agree with you on the Male Hairsylist thing. I have a male hairsylist now and he's great. My best ever haircut I had, from when I went from 3 feet of hair to one foot of hair, was from a male hairstylist. I too have a theory on it. We'll have to share next time we see each other :)

Lisa said...

Hey Bonnie - I love looking at your blog and the finsihed scrapbook pages. Here is my blog address - www.livinglineuponline.blogspot.com
Thanks for coming last night.

Lisa

Jenny said...

Okay, I really really love this layout, and have decided I need to have a girl in order to necessitate some girly backgrounds. I like the way it looks like one of those fabric posterboards that you can just stick pictures on. Very cute.