Wednesday, June 03, 2009

9th Anniversary

Today was my 9th wedding anniversary. Tyson and I had already agreed we weren't going to exchange gifts this year. There just wasn't anything that either of us wanted or needed, plus we are trying to buy another house, so we are pinching all of our pennies. We had some coupons and ended up going to Souper Salad for dinner. It's not much, but at least neither of us had to cook.

LittleMan has been showing some interest in potty training and during dinner he exclaimed,"pee pee!" So I scooped him up and ran to the bathroom. My limited experience with him has told me that he says pee pee but usually ends up peeing in his diaper and doing the other business on the potty. So even though I had a fleeting thought of making sure all of his anatomy was angled in the right direction, I didn't actually follow through. A few seconds later I jumped back, realizing my mistake as he began to pee on me. I somehow found this hilarious as I was cleaning up the bathroom floor and trying to keep him from climbing under the stall door with his pants around his ankles. I think this shows my limited experience with little boys, but hey, I learned my lesson.

Shortly after this we finished up dinner and daddy made another rookie mistake. He lifted LittleMan out of his high chair and put him on the floor of the restaurant while he picked up the receipt and put it in his wallet. LittleMan was off like a shot running down the aisle, stopping just long enough to pick up a piece of bread off of the floor (which had been there long enough to turn it into a crouton) near an abandoned table and bolt out the front door. Tyson ran out after him and caught him before he ran any farther. When BittyBit and I caught up to them, Tyson had LittleMan by one arm and was squeezing his cheeks open with the other while ordering the little guy to spit out his floor find. LittleMan kept shaking his head and grunting something equivalent to "no" until I bent down and fish hooked it out of his mouth in a couple of swipes, while muttering "That is disgusting!"

I looked up to see a middle aged man standing about 10 feet from us observing the entire scene. He asked us with a bemused expression, "Should I even bother going in?" (Seeing as how we were trying to get LittleMan to spit out the restaurant food, this seems like a valid question). Tyson laughed and told him, "Don't worry, he got that off the floor." To which the gentleman replied, "Well I guess I'll be OK, I'm not planning on eating anything off the floor." Tyson and I must have laughed about that little incident for 5 minutes solid.

3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jenni said...

I tried calling you on your anniversary but no one picked up and I forget why I didn't leave a message.

I laughed wile reading this story and read it aloud to the fam and they laughed too. That's too funny. Maybe this is why we eat in so often.

Angela said...

Umm. I'm not on your blogroll. What gives? (ahem)

I already wished you Happy Anniversary, but cuz We're Friends (right?) I'll say it again. Happy Anniversary!