Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wednesday Update

So I think I forgot to mention it, and a few of you have asked, but I'm due in September. I'm steering clear of mentioning an actual due date, as I went 5 days past with LittleMan and was ready to strangle every sweet person who asked me if I'd had the baby yet. So I'll just say early to mid September and that should cover things. It's too early to try to find out the sex of the baby, but we're going to if we can when I'm far enough along. As always though, we're keeping the name a secret until sweet baby #3 actually makes his/her appearance.

I was reading Persuasion again on Sunday and only had about one chapter left. BittyBit asked me to read it aloud to her. I thought she would find it boring, but after a few paragraphs when I tried to read it in my head again, she asked me to keep reading to her. I knew she probably didn't understand most of what I was saying, so I picked certain themes to explain to her as I read. At one point I told her that Captain Wentworth was writing a love letter to Anne and BittyBit said, "Oh, mom! We should write a love letter for Tyson! And I can draw a heart on it!" I was going to help her with that later but she got sick and has slept for the last 4 days.

This morning she came into the kitchen and announced, "Mom, Sally's not real. You think she is real, but she's magic". (Sally is one of her imaginary friends) I asked her if she meant imaginary and she said, "No, magic, you know - she's not real." I've always heard that it is good to encourage kids to use their imagination and to play along with things like imaginary friends because it is healthy for that age level and teaches them to be more creative. I guess I've played along too convincingly, such as finding another chair when BittyBit tells me I'm about to sit on Sally or asking her if Pink or Orange (more imaginary friends) would like Kix for breakfast too. She seems to think that I actually believe that her friends are real.

p.s. - Ha! If this tells you how tired I am, I don't even know what day it is. I originally titled this post "Thursday Update".

6 comments:

Jenni said...

On my blogger feed it said Thursday update so I was a little confused, but whatever.

So I should or shouldn't set a place at the table for Sally and Orange when my niece comes for a visit.

Lynn said...

Train up a child with Jane Austen when she is young, and when she is old, she will not depart from her!

Sally's not real? I think I might have to go lie down...

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

That's too funny that she's worried that you think her imaginary friends are real.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Congratulations!! Thats so exciting!!!

Bonnie said...

Well, if you set a place for Sally and Orange, you should also remember to leave room for Pink, ET, Whale, and Dolphin.

Jenny said...

Wow, Ren ALREADY is starting the Jane Austen hysteria. Excellent! (and i love the book persuasion)

You are hilarious, and so is Ren. Incidentally, does she always call Tyson "Tyson"?