Monday, April 28, 2008

My mom's birthday bash

I have stayed pretty busy since we got back into town at the beginning of the week. I can't think of anything specific that I did, except that I helped a little in putting together my mom's birthday party. I was going to post pictures of my mom's birthday party and how my sister's neighbor's house caught fire, but she beat me to the punch. You can check it out on Jenni's blog.

Jenni and I started thinking and we realized that we couldn't ever remember anyone having a birthday party for my mom. We usually had a little something as a family, but we couldn't remember a party with guests. When we were growing up we didn't have any money for parties, and as adults it was some of the same, plus several of us girls have moved out of state at some time or another, so it just didn't come together. Jenni planned the entire thing, she just delegated a few things to me. I created a slideshow with pictures beginning when my mom was a child, and concluding with pictures from this year. I also made the punch, which Tyson told me it didn't taste very good, but I don't really care because it was pretty. I thought it tasted alright. We met at Jenni's house for cake and punch, then we went out to eat with most of the party guests to a restaurant. After dinner my mom said that this party was the second birthday party she had had in her entire life. The first one was when she was eight. I'm glad that we were able to have this one for her and that so many of her friends and family were able to make it special.

I also have a few more scrapbook layouts to share. I didn't do these a while back, but I'll share them here anyway. Credits: Sketch by Becky Higgins, font-Eras Medium ITC, polka dot paper by DCorbitt, Dreadfully Happy collaboration kit by Digital Crea used for the remainder of layout. Atomic Cupcake action used.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Tyson's right about a lot of things, but I don't agree with his verdict on the punch. I thought it was delicious! Not too sweet, not too tart. J-u-s-t r-i-g-h-t! And if the maker of the punch and the guest of honor both think it tastes good, that gives him the minority opinion. The kids seemed to like the punch, too.

Candayce is still raving about the cake.

Jenny said...

I felt the exact same way about my Dad's bday party this year...it was jus TIME!

LOVIN' this layout, I totally want to steal it.

Jenny said...

how do you tear paper? i just can't make it look right.

Bonnie said...

Jenny - you should totally steal the layout. I use an Atomic Cupcake action to get the paper tear. I bought it at http://www.atomiccupcake.com/item.php?id=000307
I sent you an email with a link to a site that give instructions on how to do it manually.

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

that punch looks great...how did you make it? i must try it myself. party's are so fun, we went to one this past weekend and then have another one this coming weekend...i love being around family.

Jenni said...

I think we are some awesome party planners and I liked the punch too. That is all that matters!
Thanks for your help and coming over early. Plus we get so busy it was nice to hang out with you. Even if it was at 10 pm while my backyard neighbor's house burned down.